The International Education Institute of the Ministry of Education of Korea (NIIED) recruits foreign students for the "Korean Government Scholarship Program 2017". Applicants prepare applications and necessary records for recruitment and applying them to the Korean Embassy in Vietnam (sent by post or directly)
● Deadline for application: From now until 17:30’ on September 30th 2016
● Address: Embassy of Korea in Vietnam (28th Floor, Lotte Center Hanoi, 54 Lieu Giai, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam)
Korean Government Scholarship Program ( Global Korea Scholarship) are designed for undergraduate students to provide opportunities for undergraduate students to study at universities in Korea.
I. Study program
- Bachelor, study for 4 years after completing the 1 year study language course
- Students must attend a language course at a university as instructed by NIIED (write on the student's offer letter).
- Students must have a TOPIK certificate as required by NIIED before completing one year Korean language study. If you do not meet this requirement, you will not be allowed to continue your studies in the bachelor program.
- Students who hold a TOPIK 5 or 6 certificate will not be required to attend a language study program and must start a bachelor program in the spring semester of 2017.
1. Students and parents of students must be nationals of the countries on the list of scholarships (should not have Korean nationality).
2. Age under 25 (birthday after March 1, 1992)
3. Students must have good health.
4. Students who have graduated from high school or will graduate high school on March 1, 2017. Candidates who have received a Bachelor's degree or a high school diploma in Korea are not accepted.
5. The average cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of the student must meet the required score (2.64 / 4.0, 2.80 / 4.3, 2.91 / 4.5, 3.23 / 5.0 or higher).
6. Candidates are not prohibited from traveling abroad.
7. Children of Korean War participants will be given priority.
Korean Overseas Study scholarship 2017
III. Scholarship Details
1. Scholarship is valid from March 1st 2017 to February 28th 2022 (1 year study language and 4 years of the Bachelor's program).
2. Airticket: one way ticket for each student at the beginning of the scholarship and one way ticket from Korea to the student after the completion of the scholarship.
3.Monthly allowance: 800,000 KRW per month
4. Tuition: Up to 5,000,000 KRW paid by NIIED. In the case of tuition fees above KRW5,000,000 the remaining amount will be paid by the school. Entry exam fees are paid by the university.
5. Settlement allowance
6. Reward when completing the scholarship: 100,000 KRRW upon completion
7. Fee for learning Korean: A one-year Korean language tuition fee paid by NIIED and universities.
8. Health insurance
9. Candidates who have TOPIK 5 or 6 certification will receive 100,000 KRW per month during 4 years of Bachelor's degree.
10. Housing: Students will stay in the school dormitory.
IV. Scholarship review process
- Round 1:
+ September, 2016: Announcement of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
+ September – October : the Embassy of the Republic of Korea carry out the first round of voting
+ 04 October: the Embassy of the Republic of Korea submits applications to NIIED
- Round 2:
+ November 18: NIIED announces the results of the second round of selection on the Scholarship Program website at www.studyinkorea.go.kr.
+ December 07: Candidates who pass the second round must submit a copy of their passport and health certificate to the Embassy before December 7, 2016.
- Round 3:
+ 28 November - 29 December: NIIED sends applicants' profiles to universities before November 25, 2016.
+ Each university organizes review of applicants' profiles and notifies applicants of results before December 29, 2016.
- January 6, 2017: NIIED announces final results for candidates on the scholarship program's website.
- Beginning in February, 2017: The Embassy shall inform students of the enrollment period and at the end of February they will fly to Korea.
In addition, when coming to CHD, you can also be advised on study programs of other countries such as: study in Norway, study in France, study in Belgium ...